In "Beyond the FTC: The Future of Privacy Enforcement," law and computer science scholars from across the country will identify and propose solutions to barriers that inhibit enforcement of privacy rights. Featuring keynotes from Electronic Frontier Foundation Executive Director Cindy Cohn and FTC Director Samuel Levine. The symposium is a collaboration between UIowa's Innovation, Business and Law Center and Harvard's Journal of Law and Technology. #BeyondTheFTC
- Cindy Cohn (EFF)
- Samuel Levine (FTC)
- Lori Trahan (US Congress)
- Nataliia Bielova (Inria Centre at Université Côte d’Azur)
- David Choffnes (Northeastern)
- Ignacio Cofone (McGill)
- James Cooper (George Mason)
- Serge Egelman (UC Berkeley)
- Stacy-Ann Elvy (UC Davis)
- Jordan Francis (Washington University)
- Brett Frischmann (Villanova)
- Colin M. Gray (Purdue)
- Woodrow Hartzog (Boston University)
- Scott Jordan (UC Irvine)
- Athina Markopoulou (UC Irvine)
- Kirsten Martin (Notre Dame)
- Helen Nissenbaum (Cornell Tech)
- Paul Ohm (Georgetown)
- Neil Richards (Washington University)
- Cristiana Santos (Utrecht University)
- Zubair Shafiq (UC Davis)
- Alicia Solow-Niederman (University of Iowa)
- Katherine Strandburg (New York University)
- Salomé Viljoen (University of Michigan)
- Christo Wilson (Northeastern)
- Mihailis Diamantis (University of Iowa, Law)
- Rishab Nithyanand (University of Iowa, CS)
- Nataliia Bielova, Cristiana Santos, Colin M. Gray, "Two Worlds Apart: Closing the Gap Between Regulating EU Consent and User Studies"
- Ignacio Cofone, "Privacy Class Actions"
- James C. Cooper, "Unravelling Privacy"
- Mihailis Diamantis, Maaz Bin Musa, Lucas Ausberger, Rishab Nithyanand, "Empowering Closed Book Privacy Audits"
- Serge Egelman, "Informing Future Privacy Enforcement by Examining 20+ Years of COPPA"
- Stacy-Ann Elvy, "Commercial Law as a Source of Privacy and Data Security Protection"
- Woodrow Hartzog, Scott Jordan, David Choffnes, Athina Markopoulou, Zubair Shafiq, "A Scientific Approach to Tech Accountability"
- Kirsten Martin, "Privacy, Platforms, and Data Governance"
- Helen Nissenbaum, Katherine Strandburg, Salome Viljoen, "The Great Regulatory Dodge"
- Paul Ohm, Brett Frischmann, "Governance Seams"
- Neil Richards, Woodrow Hartzog, Jordan Francis, "A Model Statute for Data Loyalty"
- Alicia Solow-Niederman, "Privacy Enforcement and Path Dependence"
- Christo Wilson, "In Support of Standards for Digital Advertising"